Volunteering and getting involved with any voluntary organisation can be an extremely rewarding experience.
At Great Harwood Cricket Club we have always embraced this philosophy and a wide variety of opportunities are available for young and old alike. Never before has the benefit of volunteering been so great!
So why volunteer?
Local clubs rise or fall on the contribution of their volunteers. Changing employment, moving schools, going to university, wanting to work in sport or just pursuing self improvement or even fancy a new challenge, Great Harwood Cricket Club can help you to achieve your goals and objectives with your new aims firmly in mind.
Achieving positive results and partaking in life changing experiences through cricket can be satisfying, fulfilling and very rewarding. Add to the feeling of self-worth and self-esteem and it is easy to associate time spent in cricket with positive results and obvious merit.
Some of the benefits to any individual are:
- Boost your CV with volunteer roles and responsibilities
- Learn new skills, use existing skills or make use of skills not currently being used
- Skill acquisition – learn from ‘hands on experience’
- Continuous professional development – attending training courses and workshops
- Pride in helping your local community
- An enhanced feeling of self-worth and accomplishment from your own efforts
- Changed perspectives and increased respect for a wide variety of groups
- Enhance your studies or career development outside the learning environment by reinforcing your learning with ‘hands on’ experience
- Turn your hobby into a profession
- The ability to explore different career and job opportunities voluntarily before committing to employment in that field
- The opportunity to benefit from physical and social affects – meeting new people, getting out on a regular basis and enjoying the social side that cricket club’s generate
- Improve your health – volunteering can have de-stressing effects and enable you to get fit
- Volunteering can give you vital written and verbal references for job applications and interviews
Don’t take our word for it; recent studies have found the following that among the top 200 of UK leading businesses:
- 73 per cent of employers would employ a candidate with volunteer experience over one without
- 94 per cent of employers believe that volunteering can add too skills
- 58 per cent say that voluntary work experience can actually be more valuable than experience gained in paid employment
So why not get in touch today to discuss the opportunities we have available. We are always on the lookout for new people and your existing or desired skills will u doubted my suit volunteer roles we are looking to fill.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information