We are seeking volunteer assistant groundstaff. We are a volunteer run club that needs help with pitch maintenance to ensure good quality cricket pitches.
The role involves:
- Preparing pitches for matches.
- Help with the upkeep of the cricket pitches (eg cutting, watering, rolling, marking)
- Help the pre and post season preparation of the cricket pitches
Gardening, General and Helping, Practical Work and DIY, Sports Development
What skills are needed?
- Experience of grounds / pitch maintenance
- Enjoy working in an outdoor environment.
- Good listener and able to take direction
- Reliable and committed
- Experience of using Groundsman’s equipment would be useful but full training will be given in the use of equipment.
What skills will be learned / gained?
- A brilliant CV booster
- Development of your interests to become a career, but only if you want
- Satisfaction from doing something to make a difference within your local community
- Development of your interests
- Physical and social benefits – a chance to get out, have fun and meet some new people – enjoying the traditional social life that cricket clubs generate
- Supporting your local community – putting something back into your community, personal satisfaction knowing you have helped others.
DBS Check Required: No
Driving Licence Required: No
Does this role have age restrictions?: Yes
Details of restriction:
Mandatory training required for role: Yes
Details of mandatory training:
Full training will be given in use of equipment
Pitch preparation usually takes place first thing in the morning but is flexible. ANY help would be gratefully received, please don’t be put off by the daily help we are looking for. Full training and support will be given by our experienced groundsman.