Great Harwood Cricket Club (the Club) will ensure photography and video footage taken within Club, is done appropriately.
The Club has proportionate controls on the use of photographic equipment (cameras, and videos, including mobile phones) and is part of general safeguarding good practice of the Club.
For the avoidance of doubt, these guidelines also apply to live broadcasts on
TV / social media or other platforms.
We as a Club are keen to promote positive images of children and vulnerable adults playing cricket and not to prevent the use of photographic or videoing equipment.
It’s important to the Club, that children, young people and vulnerable adults feel happy with their achievements and have photographs and films of their special moments. Family and friends also want to be able to share in their successes when they have been part of a special event or activity. However, it’s also important to be aware of child protection and safeguarding issues when people are taking photos or filming at events. The potential for misuse of images and videos will be reduced because appropriate measures are in place.
The following guidelines have been adopted by Great Harwood Cricket Club
- We will not use children’s/vulnerable adults names in photograph captions
- We will use a parental permission form to obtain consent for a child / adult to be photographed and videoed.
- We will obtain the child’s /parents permission to use their image.
- We will only use images of people in suitable clothing to reduce the risk of inappropriate use. Some activities, present a much greater risk of potential misuse.
- We will address how images of children / adults on the Clubs website can be misused. Images accompanied by personal information, will not be used
- We will give written expectations of professional photographers and the press who are invited to an event. These will make clear the Clubs expectations of them in relation to child protection.
- We will not allow photographers unsupervised access to children or vulnerable adults.
- We will not approve photography sessions outside an event
The Club will need to ensure that parents, carers, family members and others understand this policy.
Children / vulnerable adults will always be consulted about the use of their photograph. This will ensure they’re aware that the image/video is being taken and understand what the picture /video is going to be used for. This will be recorded on their permission form.
Images or video recordings of children / vulnerable adults will be kept securely. Hard copies of images will be kept in a locked drawer and electronic images will be in a protected folder with restricted access.
Images will not be stored on unencrypted portable equipment such as laptops, memory sticks and mobile phones.
We will avoid using any personal equipment to take photos and recordings of children / vulnerable adults and use only cameras or devices belonging to the Club.
The Club will only store and use photographs to identify children and vulnerable adults for official purposes and we will ensure we comply with the legal requirements for handling personal information.
Further guidance on the Data Protection Act and other privacy regulations can be found on the club’s website