Great Harwood Cricket Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Club Welfare Officer.
As a member of Great Harwood Cricket Club you are expected to abide by the following junior rules and code of conduct:
- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions..
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit and clothing for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager. In particular members from under 11 age group upward must be appropriately attired for hard-ball cricket. In the event that they attend sessions or matches without the appropriate attire then the coach or manager can limit participation as he sees fit.
- Members must pay any fees for membership, training or events promptly.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.