We are delighted to be in a position to re-open our doors to our wonderful members and their guests from this Saturday, 4th July. Our Committee have worked wonders in their limited spare time to have our facilities ready for you to re-open from 2 p.m. until 8 p.m. on Saturday 4th July 2020
The club has not been sitting idly by in our imposed hiatus from cricket, and thanks to our volunteers significant areas of our club have been improved in recent months. We hope you will take time out of your weekend, or in the coming days and weeks, to come and appreciate all the hard work that has been put in for everyone’s benefit.
We re-open this weekend on Saturday only, but remain closed on Sunday owing to the lack of any cricket.
We will then re-open on Monday to Friday evenings from 6.30 p.m. to 10.00 p.m. to complement our junior and senior practice sessions which have been exceptionally well run since early June, closely following ECB guidance to ensure they have been conducted in an appropriately safe manner.
Now all we need is some proper cricket!
We have implemented safeguards and protections for the benefit of both our staff and our members and their guests, and we will undoubtedly learn from our initial re-opening and the service limitations and adapt these safeguards accordingly.
We will announce further information, including any amended opening times, on our social media feeds. We hope you can come and support your club. We rely heavily on our bar for our income to support all of our activities, and your support in these coming weeks and months will be appreciated.
Our aim – as always – is to provide a safe environment for our members and their guests. Our approach to COVID-19 has been no different. When you come to visit, you will notice a few keys differences:
- Hand sanitisation stations will be available at all entry points to our clubhouse
- In order to comply with our NHS Test & Trace obligations, on entry you will be asked to scan a QR code in order to provide your contact details which we will retain for a period of 21 days. Staff will provide assistance to any member or guest who requires it.
- In order to maintain social distancing, our indoor capacity has been reduced to a maximum of 58 people. Table seating is restricted to 14 separate tables. Advance booking is therefore recommended. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your reservation
- Members and guests must refrain from moving any tables or chairs. To do so will reduce the capacity available to us
Service will be by table service only, both indoors and outdoors. There will be no service at the bar, for the protection of our staff at this time. Our staff will be on hand to take your order and keep you well hydrated.
- Contactless payments by card is preferred, but payment by cash will be accepted.
- Members and their guests are reminded of the strict social distancing guidelines:
Indoors – there is a maximum of 2 households per table
Outdoors – there is maximum of 6 people from any households at a table
- Members must remain seated and are not permitted to move between tables due to government guidelines
- Children are always welcome at our club, but all parents or carers or reminded of their obligations to ensure their children abide by all social distancing guidelines
- All toilets are restricted to a maximum of two persons at any one time
We would also take the opportunity to remind everyone that owing to the terms of our licence, membership of our club is required to take advantage of our facilities. For more details, please see here: https://gtharwoodcc.co.uk/the-club/club-membership.html
We would remind all members and their guests that these rules are not imposed by us, but have been imposed upon us. Our staff will take time to get to grips with them too, so your support and understanding will be appreciated.
Any questions can, as always be directed to your club Chairman, Stuart Maher: email@example.com, or Secretary, Richard Law-Riding: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you soon.